Many international students in Junior Kindergarten through grade 12 have made their mark at NSU University School. We offer a variety of programs that help international families and students successfully adjust to our school community and culture and excel in college and beyond. Families seeking international admission to our school should click here for more information or call 954-262-4506.
Global Scholars Program
(JK- Grade 12)
The Global Scholars Program provides instruction to further develop academic English language skills and also provides support with successfully acclimating and integrating into the NSU University School environment.
- individualization of English Language instruction in reading, writing, speaking, and listening based upon each student's learning style and needs in a language support class
- assistance with meeting content class expectations in a lab setting
- full immersion in all levels of content classes, based on student's ability, including honors and AP
- designated teacher/counselor to help navigate day-to-day activities and monitor academic progress
- certified, professional, experienced, and caring teachers
- support with participation in extra-curricular and community service activities
- use of Homework and Study Center after school
- comprehensive and specialized guidance and assistance with applying to college as an international student
- social support through collaboration with students and faculty from NSU College of Psychology
There is an additional fee of $5,000 per year plus the cost of regular tuition for enrollment in the Global Scholars Program.
English Language & Academic Support
The goal of our English Language and Academic Support classes is to improve our student's listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in the English language. Our supportive, specially trained teachers provide individualized and small group instruction to help students further develop the language skills needed to succeed in their academic classes. Students attend class one period a day and receive credit towards their graduation requirements.
There is an additional fee of $980 per semester for the English Language and Academic Support class.
The NSU Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) provides complete support and advisory services to all international NSU University School students and families. The OISS staff will provide assistance with the necessary documentation and review of paperwork. They are also available to answer your questions and help you with any immigration-related problem that you may have. For further information or answers to frequently asked questions, please click here or call 1-800-541-6682.
Once a student has met the standards for admission to NSU University School, the OISS will contact the student and his/her family regarding the information required to issue a Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student).
In addition to meeting the academic and character standards required of all NSU University School applicants, international students in grades 2-12 must demonstrate English proficiency at the intermediate level on a standardized test of English proficiency including but not limited to the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL/TOEFL JR), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), PTE Academic/YTE, or the SSAT. Minimum test scores for Upper School applicants are 70 (TOEFL), 5.5 (IELTS), and 49 (PTE).