Programs for International Students
Many international students in grades 1--12 have made their mark at NSU University School. We offer a variety of programs that help international families and students successfully adjust to our school community and culture and excel in college and beyond.
Families seeking international admission to our school can find a step-by-step guide of our application process at the bottom of this page or contact our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-262-4506 for more information.
English Language and Academic Support
The goal of our English Language and Academic Support classes is to improve our student's listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in the English language. Our supportive, specially trained teachers provide individualized and small-group instruction to help students further develop the language skills needed to succeed in their academic classes.
Students receive one of the following types of support:
ESOL Support in Small Groups (Grades 1--5)
Students receive small-group instruction daily in English language support. The ESOL teacher collaborates with classroom teachers to bridge any gaps the students have.
ESOL Lab Support (Grades 6--12)
Students attend class one period per day in ESOL Lab, where they are supported in academic success, cultural acclimation, and involvement in extracurricular activities. This class is not for credit.
Writing with ESOL (Grades 9--12)
Students have the option to take Writing for ESOL. Creative Writing and Expository Writing are semester-length, for-credit elective courses that focus on writing enrichment. Students write in different genres for different purposes to learn a variety of organizational patterns and gain fluency in written English.
There is an additional fee of $2,200 per semester for English Language and Academic Support.
Global Scholars Program
The Global Scholars Program provides more intensive support for students in Middle and Upper School.
In addition to the ESOL Lab, students also enroll in a second daily ESOL class. This for-credit, elective course has a small class size and a curriculum designed to give students support in reading, writing, and speaking English. The teacher individualizes instruction to meet the needs of each student.
The Global Scholars Program also includes additional services:
- Individualization of English Language instruction in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Assistance with content class (English, science, history, and math) assignments and study skills in a lab setting.
- Accommodations in content classes, including extra time on tests, use of a translator, and modifications.
- Full immersion in all levels of content classes based on student's ability, including honors and Advanced Placement (AP).
- Designated teacher and counselor to help navigate daily activities and monitor academic progress.
- Support with participation in extracurricular and community service activities.
- Comprehensive and specialized guidance and assistance with applying to college as an international student.
- Social support through collaboration with students and faculty from NSU College of Psychology.
There is an additional fee of $5,000 per year, plus the cost of regular tuition for enrollment in the Global Scholars Program.
NSU University School is certified to issue an F-1 Visa for qualified students. The Nova Southeastern University Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) provides support and advisory services for F-1 NSU University School students and families. The OISS staff provides assistance with documentation. They are also available to answer your questions and help you with any immigration-related problem that you may have. For further information, please call +1 (954) 262-7240.
Once a student has met the standards for admission and enrolled in NSU University School, OISS will contact the student and family to collect documents and information necessary to issue a Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student).
Susanna Sang, International Student Liaison, NOVA Connect, LLC
Susanna handles coordination of host family, communication between school and family, and transportation. She also acts as a legal guardian.
WeChat 微信: susannasang
Email 邮箱: email@example.com
Cell phone 电话: 1(305)322 8724
住宿, 接送, 在美未成年合法监护人, 家校沟通
International Student Application Process
Click here to register for a Virtual U-Tour to learn about the USchool difference.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-262-4506.
Create an account and pay the application fee:
- Click here to create an account with Ravenna. Once you have set up an account, you will be able to complete and submit the application.
- Click here to pay the application fee to complete the process. (If you are a current USchool family applying a sibling or an NSU employee, please note that the application fee is waived.)
- Log in to Ravenna and complete all of the required forms.
- Upload the following documents:
- Official grade reports/transcripts beginning from grade 8 through the student's current grade level. Click here to request certified translated transcripts through SpanTran.
- English and math teacher recommendations
- Copy of your child's passport
Once the application fee is paid, contact our admissions team at email@example.com or 954-262-4506 to arrange an interview and discuss any testing requirements. The application process for international students includes an interview and English language proficiency screening, in addition to requirements for all applicants.
Applicants for Grades 1--10
The application process for international students entering grades 1--10 includes an interview with an English proficiency screening. Contact our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-262-4506 to schedule your interview and in-house test.
Applicants for Grades 11--12
The application process for international students entering grades 11--12 includes an interview and a standardized English language proficiency test. Recommended English Proficiency Assessments and Scores:
ITEP Slate: 5.0
TOEFL IBT: 70
PTE Academic: 45
Contact our admissions team at email@example.com or 954-262-4506 to schedule your interview.
Click here to check the status of your application. You will be contacted once an admission decision has been made.