The Sunvitational Speech & Debate Tournament
January 10-12, 2020
NSU University School Campus
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
NSU University School's Sunvitational Speech & Debate Tournament is designed to create the best possible experience for all speech and debate competitors, coaches, judges, and parents. We are proud to have hosted the tournament for 11 years. Recognized as the second largest tournament in Florida last year, the competition brought together 909 students from 12 different states.
Aside from the awards we offer for competitive excellence, we also extend the following awards:
- Jenny Cook Mentorship Award to two deserving coaches who dedicate countless hours to mentorship
- Sunvitational Service Award for outstanding commitment to the tournament from someone not directly related to the NSU University School Speech and Debate team
- Eletz Student Service Award to a student who uses their speech and debate skills to enhance the community
The Sunvitational features TOC bids in all events:
- Public Forum -- Octafinals
- Lincoln Douglas -- Finals
- Congressional Debate -- Tier 3
- Speech -- bids for the Tournament of Champions (TOC) and the National Individual Event Tournament of Champions (NIETOC)
Click here to register for the 2020 Sunvitational Tournament at NSU University School.