Student-Athlete College Matriculation
NSU University School student-athletes participate in signing day each year and matriculate to the nations finest colleges and universities.
Athletics at NSU University School
Athletic competition is a powerful educational experience that promotes the development of leadership, self-confidence, sportsmanship, and commitment to a team. Our student-athletes are coached to work hard towards collective goals, to strengthen their individual skills, and to persevere when confronted by challenges.
We encourage our student-athletes to embrace challenge, overcome obstacles, think creatively, cherish loyalty and, most importantly, to compete with enthusiasm. Our student-athletes are expected to play with determination, compete fairly, and respect the efforts of their opponents.
In Middle School, athletic programs emphasize skill development, sportsmanship, cooperation, and competitive spirit. Student-athletes are encouraged to take risks in practice and interscholastic competition in order to develop greater technical skills and discipline in their sport. Sports teams are organized by athletic ability to ensure appropriate development and challenge. With each year, the program builds momentum towards the more demanding and competitive program in the Upper School.
The Upper School's athletic mission is to provide student-athletes with the opportunity to develop physical tools, technical skills, and mental stamina to compete to the best of their ability as individuals and as members of a team. To accomplish this mission, USchool is committed to providing a dedicated, knowledgeable, inspiring coaching staff as well as top-notch athletic facilities.
As an extension of the classroom, USchool student-athletes engage fully and strive for excellence. Athletic achievement is gauged both individually and collectively, taking into account outcome of games, sportsmanship, continued improvement, and leadership of participants. Student-athletes are expected to demonstrate a high level of commitment and perseverance that serves as the foundation of any successful athletic program.
Sharks Athletic Teams
USchool fields 17 varsity teams in 13 different sports, involving more than 600 student-athletes.
- Cheerleading - Varsity
- Cheerleading - Middle School
- Cross Country - Varsity
- Cross Country - Middle School
- Football - Varsity
- Football - Junior Varsity
- Football - Middle School
- Football - 6th Grade
- Golf - Varsity
- Swimming and Diving - Varsity
- Tennis - Middle School Boys
- Tennis - Middle School Girls
- Volleyball - Varsity Girls
- Volleyball - Junior Varsity Girls
- Volleyball - Middle School Girls
- Basketball - 7th grade Boys
- Basketball - Varsity Boys
- Basketball - Varsity Girls
- Basketball JV/Grey
- Basketball JV/Blue
- Basketball - Middle School Boys
- Basketball - Middle School Girls
- Basketball - 6th Grade Boys
- Soccer - Varsity Boys
- Soccer - Varsity Girls
- Soccer - Junior Varsity Boys
- Soccer - Middle School Boys
- Soccer - Middle School Girls
- Baseball - Varsity Boys
- Baseball - Junior Varsity Boys
- Baseball - Middle School Boys
- Lacrosse - Varsity Boys
- Lacrosse - Varsity Girls
- Lacrosse - Junior Varsity Boys
- Lacrosse - Junior Varsity Girls
- Lacrosse - Middle School Boys
- Lacrosse - Middle School Girls
- Softball - Varsity
- Swimming and Diving - Middle School
- Tennis - Varsity
- Track & Field - Varsity
- Track & Field - Middle School