Shark Camp at Camp Nova is open to students in grades 2-8 and provides campers with a summer full of smiles, laughs, fun with new friends and plenty of good memories. Campers can spend their summer mastering the art of archery, stunting in cheerleading, learning martial arts, grooving to the music in dance, exploring technology and engineering, improving their sports skills, and more! A camper's summer experience also includes swimming in a state-of-the-art aquatics center, interactive Terrific Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday, and Fun Friday events, weekly field trips, and exciting off-campus and in-house activities. Click here to learn more.
Minnow Camp at Camp Nova is open to students in kindergarten and first grade. Campers will have the chance to rotate through a variety of exciting summer activities including cooking, music, art, computers, dance, sports, martial arts, and more! There is also daily swimming (and lessons to non-swimmers) in a state-of-the-art aquatics center, interactive Terrific Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday, and Fun Friday events, weekly field trips, and exciting off-campus and in-house activities. Click here to learn more.
Camp Nova's Post Camp serves as a gap camp for when summer camp is over and school is yet to begin. Campers in kindergarten through grade 8 can enjoy a full week of off-campus field trips or only sign up for the days they would like to attend. Don't miss this opportunity for your child to visit some of the most exciting and fun-filled destinations in South Florida. Click here to learn more.
- Drobots Camp - Drobots Camp is designed to mentor participants on how to become lifelong learners and instill a strong sense of curiosity, confidence, and teamwork. Participants utilize imagination, hand-eye coordination, and STEM applications to conquer challenges and missions - all in a team-oriented environment. Drobots fosters this new technological landscape with a unique curriculum and well-trained, dedicated instructors. This 2-week camp is open for campers in grades 3-8. Click here to learn more.
- Chess Camp - Chess Camp is open to campers in grades 2-8. Chess is known as a
tool to improve your child’s self-confidence, imagination, concentration and
intuition, logical and critical thinking, and reasoning skills. Instructors
will go through the book together with the students. Activities include wall
board and playing on giant chess boards where they get to become the knight,
queen, or king! At the end of this 4-week camp, students will be able to play
strategically. Click here to learn more.
- Marine Science Camp - This camp features two weeks of exploration and excitement for students in grades 4-8 at Nova Southeastern University’s Oceanographic Center. In the morning, campers go on field trips such as paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing, ocean tours, and more. Afternoons consist of more education-based activities including shark tracking and shark DNA forensics along with their movement and patterns, stingray conservation and ecology research, ocean giant behavior and video documentation, water quality sampling, plant and animal identification, and environmental awareness. Click here to learn more.
- Overnight Camp - For 2 weeks this summer, students in grades 2-5 have the traditional sleepaway camp experience right here on the Nova Southeastern University campus. Campers stay in suite-style dorm rooms at NSU. Counselors live in the dorms with the students and along with an NSU Resident Assistant, provide 24-hour supervision. Campers participate in day time activities through Camp Nova's Shark Camp and then head to the NSU dorms for dinner and evening activities, team building games, field trips, and social events. Our Overnight Camp enables children to grow and form strong bonds that last a lifetime, while helping build confidence and self-esteem. Click here to learn more.
- Junior Lifeguard Camp - Junior Lifeguard Camp, open to students ages 11-14, focuses on water safety awareness and physical skill development activities that enrich the future of each camper, all while having fun! This camp's focus includes training in CPR, First Aid, lifeguarding skills, and conditions that affect lifeguards on a daily basis. For an extra bonus, we take our future lifeguards on a fun day field trip to Rapids water park on the last Friday of the session. Click here to learn more.
- Counselor in Training Program - Counselor's in Training (C.I.T.'s) must have completed ninth grade and is mentored by our camp directors and works with senior counselors daily. While helping lead the daily activities offered at Camp Nova, C.I.T's gain hands-on experience working with children in an exciting fast-paced environment and learn how to handle increased responsibilities. They attend meetings and staff training every camp session alongside Senior and Junior Counselors. Click here to learn more.
- Teen Camp - Teen Camp is designed for young teens in grades 8-11 that enjoy socializing, making new friends, and attending lots of amazing field trips. Campers attend field trips every day and participate in team sports, teen oriented projects, and team building games. Teens are supervised by an experienced certified teacher and an aide (ratio 1:10) to ensure the safety of each camper. Click here to learn more.
- Magic Camp - Get ready for Jozeph ~ The Magic Master. He’s not your “Average Joe”! Yes, get ready for a ton of super-sonic fun surprises! Students will learn how to perform some really cool, incredible, mind-blowing magical feats! Benefits to learning magic: confidence, focus, public speaking, fine motor skills (dexterity), memorization, appearance, interacting with people, creative skills, math, science, rhythm, timing, showmanship, and the most important part of all - it’s just a lot of FUN! Click here to learn more.
- Basketball - Through quality coaching and an age-specific curriculum, campers develop skills fundamental to the game of basketball in a fun and stimulating environment. The clinic is co-ed and participants are divided into appropriate groups relating to age and/or ability level. A progressive curriculum provides up to eight weeks of basketball-specific activities aimed at developing basic skills such as dribbling, shooting, screening, rebounding, and passing, all coached in a fun and challenging environment. Campers also swim once a week in a state-of-the-art aquatics center.
- Soccer - Soccer Camp at Camp Nova is a co-ed program that provides instruction in both basic and advanced soccer skills and strategies. All campers should bring water bottles, cleats, and appropriate athletic wear every day of camp. Individual attention is offered to all athletes and each day is filled with drills, daily competitions, and contests. Whether your children are starting from the beginning or looking to improve their game, this is the camp program for them. Campers also swim once a week in a state-of-the-art aquatics center.
- Tennis - The Tennis Camp at Camp Nova is a co-ed program that provides instruction in both basic and advanced tennis skills and strategies. All campers should bring water bottles, sneakers, appropriate athletic wear, and a tennis racket every day of camp. Whether your children are beginners or novices, this is the place for them to be this summer! Campers also swim once a week in a state-of-the-art aquatics center.
- Volleyball - The Camp Nova Volleyball Clinic is a co-ed program that provides instruction in both basic and advanced volleyball skills and strategies. All campers should bring water bottles, gym shoes, appropriate gym wear, knee pads, and towels every day of camp. Each day is filled with drills, daily competitions, and contests. Campers also swim once a week in a state-of-the-art aquatics center.
- Lacrosse - This co-ed camp focuses on Lacrosse techniques, stickhandling skills, cradling, and theories of team play and sportsmanship. This camp is geared towards players of all abilities as each athlete will learn, grow, and develop their skills. Athletes must bring their own lacrosse stick to camp each day. Campers also swim once a week in a state-of-the-art aquatics center.
- Golf - From the proper grip to the perfect swing, this specialty camp focuses on honing all aspects of the game of golf. Whether your child is a beginner or has been playing for years, he/she will surely improve his/her game over this week-long camp.
- Baseball - Led by NSU’s NCAA Division II National Champion Head Coach Greg Brown, this camp teaches campers the basics of hitting, fielding, throwing, running, and sliding. The camp will not only teach the fundamentals of baseball, but also give children the confidence they need to play sports and have fun! This camp is co-ed and designed for beginners as well as experienced players. Participants are divided into appropriate age/ability level groups. Campers also swim once a week in a state-of-the-art aquatics center.
Musical Theatre Camp
Musical Theatre Camp is designed to provide a fun and exciting theatrical experience to students in grades 3-9! Campers are guided by our experienced faculty and student mentors in acting, vocals, and choreographed movement for Rodgers and Hammerstein's Once Upon a Mattress G2K. At the end of this 4-week camp, students showcase their work in a full musical production. Click here to learn more.