Shark Camp at Camp Nova is open to students in grades 2-8 and provides campers with a summer full of smiles, laughs, fun with new friends and plenty of good memories. Campers can spend their summer mastering the art of archery, stunting in cheerleading, learning martial arts, grooving to the music in dance, exploring technology and engineering, improving their sports skills, and more! A camper's summer experience also includes swimming in a state-of-the-art aquatics center, interactive Terrific Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday, and Fun Friday events, weekly field trips, and exciting off-campus and in-house activities. Learn more about our Shark Camp here.
Minnow Camp at Camp Nova is open to students in kindergarten and first grade. Campers will have the chance to rotate through a variety of exciting summer activities including cooking, music, art, computers, dance, sports, martial arts, and more! There is also daily swimming (and lessons to non-swimmers) in a state-of-the-art aquatics center, interactive Terrific Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday, and Fun Friday events, weekly field trips, and exciting off-campus and in-house activities. Learn more about our Minnow Camp here.
Camp Nova's Post Camp serves as a gap camp for when summer camp is over and school is yet to begin. Campers in kindergarten through grade 8 can enjoy a full week of off-campus field trips or only sign up for the days they would like to attend. Don't miss this opportunity for your child to visit some of the most exciting and fun-filled destinations in South Florida. Learn more about our Post Camp here.
- Marine Science Camp - This camp features two weeks of exploration and excitement for students in grades 4-8 at Nova Southeastern University’s Oceanographic Center. In the morning, campers go on field trips such as paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing, ocean tours, and more. Afternoons consist of more education-based activities including shark tracking and shark DNA forensics along with their movement and patterns, stingray conservation and ecology research, ocean giant behavior and video documentation, water quality sampling, plant and animal identification, and environmental awareness. Learn more about our Marine Science Camp here.
- Speech and Debate Camp - This camp is open to students ages 8-12, focuses on developing public speaking as well as writing and research skills in a fun and encouraging environment. Campers will learn about the wide variety of Speech and Debate events offered in elementary and middle school and then select and event they would like to focus on in greater depth. Campers will display their skills at the "Speech and Debate Showcase” on campus at the end of the 2 week session. Learn more about our Speech and Debate Camp here.
- Overnight Camp - For 2 weeks this summer, students in grades 2-5 have the traditional sleepaway camp experience right here on the Nova Southeastern University campus. Campers stay in suite-style dorm rooms at NSU. Counselors live in the dorms with the students and along with an NSU Resident Assistant, provide 24-hour supervision. Campers participate in day time activities through Camp Nova's Shark Camp and then head to the NSU dorms for dinner and evening activities, team building games, field trips, and social events. Our Overnight Camp enables children to grow and form strong bonds that last a lifetime, while helping build confidence and self-esteem. Learn more about our Overnight Camp here.
- Counselor in Training Program - Counselor's in Training (C.I.T.'s) must have completed ninth grade and is mentored by our camp directors and works with senior counselors daily. While helping lead the daily activities offered at Camp Nova, C.I.T's gain hands-on experience working with children in an exciting fast-paced environment and learn how to handle increased responsibilities. They attend meetings and staff training every camp session alongside Senior and Junior Counselors. Learn more about our CIT Camp here.
- Teen Camp - Teen Camp is designed for young teens in grades 8-11 that enjoy socializing, making new friends, and attending lots of amazing field trips. Campers attend field trips every day and participate in team sports, teen oriented projects, and team building games. Teens are supervised by an experienced certified teacher and an aide (ratio 1:10) to ensure the safety of each camper. Learn more about our Teen Camp here.
- Pay it Forward Workshop - This is a unique opportunity for students to learn how to impact the world around them. Our leaders (open to rising 2-5 graders) will learn about public speaking, civic involvement, and community outreach opportunities with an engaging curriculum to channel their desire to have a positive impact on the world around them. Learn more about our Pay it Forward Workshop here.
- Future Preneurs - Are you a natural born leader? Do you want to experience the thrills of creating a ‘company’? Don’t miss out on this camp where you will create and sell handmade products at the Sale- A-Thon. This camp will dabble in the world of stocks and current events as they relate to businesses. Open to rising 2-5 Graders. Learn more about our Future Preneurs Camp here.
- Rock and Roll Club - We are looking for the next rock and roll star this summer! We will jam out with handmade instruments, learn hip songs, and dance the camp away. Your rocking campers will build their social skills, gross motor and fine motor skills. We will show off our moves at a final performance! This club is open to rising kindergarten through second grade students. Learn more about our Rock and Roll Club here.
- Mini Med School - Is there a doctor in camp? Our little doctors will use stuffed animal patients to take blood pressure readings, give stitches, put on a cast, and make their own first aid kit, all while learning lots about what doctors, dentists, EMTs, and other medical professionals do on a daily basis. Join us in this fun filled camp. This camp is open to rising kindergarten through second grade students. Learn more about our Mini Med School here.
- Roblox 3D Game Development: Robux Tycoon - In this popular camp, students will design and code an awesome Advanced Obby and Tycoon game in Roblox and then learn how to monetize them to make Robux at the Roblox marketplace! Students will learn both the basics of 3D game development and fundamental programming concepts using the Lua programming language. This camp is designed for beginner to intermediate students who are interested in programming, game design, and entrepreneurship. Learn more about our Roblox 3D Game Development Camp here.
- Minecraft: Mod Creation: Minecraft Mobs & Al - In this creative camp, students will create their own custom mobs (Minecraft character models) and then use AI (artificial intelligence) programming to teach the mobs how to react in interesting situations. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced Minecraft gamer, this camp will present innovative challenges and opportunities to enhance your level of play. Learn more about our Minecraft Mobs & Al Camp here.
- Roblox 3D Game Development: Adventure & Racing Games - Do you love Roblox and want to learn how to make your own games? In this exciting camp for beginners, students will learn the Roblox Studio game creation engine and the Lua scripting language, as well as build exciting professional grade games, including Obbies, racing games, and dodgeball games. Students will master important coding concepts, such as conditionals, loops, and functions, and learn a powerful scripting language used by pro developers around the world! Throughout the week, campers use the Roblox Studio editor and Lua (Roblox programming language) to build their very own Adventure Map. Each day will present a new challenge and a key concept, such as conditionals and variables. The ultimate goal of this program is to ensure campers are having fun while learning new concepts to progress their learning and build confidence coding so they may prepare for the next learning opportunity in the future, all while having fun! Learn more about our Roblox 3D Game Development Camp here.
- Minecraft Mod Creation: EnderDragon Rider - Saddle up for the ride of your life with Mod Creation - EnderDragon Rider. This exciting camp teaches students how to create a rideable EnderDragon mod that students can use to play with friends and family. One of our most requested mods ever, Mod Creation - EnderDragon Rider, will teach students how to code in Java using the Eclipse IDE, a professional tool used by engineers at software companies like Amazon, Google, and Facebook. Students will learn important coding concepts such as conditionals, loops, inheritance, methods, arrays, and more. Learn more about our Minecraft Mod Creation: EnderDragon Rider Camp here.
Take advantage of our Summer Scholars program where both public and private school students in elementary, middle, and high school have an opportunity to enrich their summer with learning experiences in Reading, Mathematics, Foreign Language, Writing, and Language Arts within a challenging and supportive environment. Summer Scholars offers students the ability to advance academically by earning extra credits during the summer, make-up academic credits, or simply enter the next grade with confidence through various refresher courses. Our faculty understands that every child learns differently so they continually develop instructional approaches to reach every learner. Learn more about our Summer Scholars Program here.
- Basketball - Through quality coaching and an age-specific curriculum, campers develop skills fundamental to the game of basketball in a fun and stimulating environment. The clinic is co-ed and participants are divided into appropriate groups relating to age and/or ability level. A progressive curriculum provides up to four weeks of basketball-specific activities aimed at developing basic skills such as dribbling, shooting, screening, rebounding, and passing, all coached in a fun and challenging environment. Campers also swim once a week in a state-of-the-art aquatics center.
- Soccer - Soccer Camp at Camp Nova is a co-ed program that provides instruction in both basic and advanced soccer skills and strategies. All campers should bring water bottles, cleats, and appropriate athletic wear every day of camp. Individual attention is offered to all athletes and each day is filled with drills, daily competitions, and contests. Whether your children are starting from the beginning or looking to improve their game, this is the camp program for them. Campers also swim once a week in a state-of-the-art aquatics center.
- Tennis - The Tennis Camp at Camp Nova is a co-ed program that provides instruction in both basic and advanced tennis skills and strategies. All campers should bring water bottles, sneakers, appropriate athletic wear, and a tennis racket every day of camp. Whether your children are beginners or novices, this is the place for them to be this summer! Campers also swim once a week in a state-of-the-art aquatics center. This is a half-day program.
- Volleyball - The Camp Nova Volleyball Clinic is a co-ed program that provides instruction in both basic and advanced volleyball skills and strategies. All campers should bring water bottles, gym shoes, appropriate gym wear, knee pads, and towels every day of camp. Each day is filled with drills, daily competitions, and contests. Campers also swim once a week in a state-of-the-art aquatics center.
- Lacrosse - This co-ed camp focuses on Lacrosse techniques, stickhandling skills, cradling, and theories of team play and sportsmanship. This camp is geared towards players of all abilities as each athlete will learn, grow, and develop their skills. Athletes must bring their own lacrosse stick to camp each day. Campers also swim once a week in a state-of-the-art aquatics center. This is a half-day program.
- Golf - From the proper grip to the perfect swing, this specialty camp focuses on honing all aspects of the game of golf. This camp is beneficial for children who are beginners and those who have been playing for years!
- Baseball - Led by NSU’s NCAA Division II National Champion Head Coach Greg Brown, this camp teaches campers the basics of hitting, fielding, throwing, running, and sliding. The camp will not only teach the fundamentals of baseball, but also give children the confidence they need to play sports and have fun! This camp is co-ed and designed for beginners as well as experienced players. Participants are divided into appropriate age/ability level groups. Campers also swim once a week in a state-of-the-art aquatics center.
- Flag Football - This half-day co-ed camp focuses on flag football skills like passing, receiving, running drills and strategy but will also teach teamwork, character building and life skills through sports. This camp is geared towards players of all abilities as each athlete will learn, grow, and develop their skills.
Musical Theatre Camp
Musical Theatre Camp is designed to provide a fun and exciting theatrical experience to students in grades 3-9! Campers are guided by our experienced faculty and student mentors in acting, vocals, and choreographed movement. At the end of this 4-week camp, students showcase their work in a full musical production. Learn more about our Musical Theatre Camp here.