Shark Camp at Camp Nova is open to students in grades 2-8 and provides campers with a summer full of smiles, laughs, fun with new friends and plenty of good memories. Campers can spend their summer mastering the art of archery, stunting in cheerleading, learning martial arts, grooving to the music in dance, swimming, exploring technology and engineering, improving their sports skills, and more! A camper's summer experience also includes interactive Manic Monday, Terrific Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday, and Fun Friday events, as well as in-house activities and field trips. Learn more about our Shark Camp here.
Minnow Camp at Camp Nova is open to students in kindergarten and first grade. Campers will have the chance to rotate through a variety of exciting summer activities, providing them with a summer full of smiles, laughs, fun with new friends, and plenty of good memories. Learn more about our Minnow Camp here.
Guppy Camp is open to campers ages 18 months - 4 years old and provides campers with a summer full of smiles, laughs, fun with new friends, and plenty of good memories. Learn more about our Guppy Camp here.
- Teen Camp - This camp is designed for young teens who enjoy socializing, making new friends, and attending daily amazing field trips around the tri-county. Learn more about our Teen Camp here.
- Speech and Debate Camp - This camp is open to students ages 8-12, focuses on developing public speaking as well as writing and research skills in a fun and encouraging environment. Campers will learn about the wide variety of Speech and Debate events offered in elementary and middle school and then select and event they would like to focus on in greater depth. Campers will display their skills at the "Speech and Debate Showcase” on campus at the end of the 2 week session. Learn more about our Speech and Debate Camp here.
- Extreme Animals - Who is the most dangerous animal on Earth? What is the weirdest animal adaptation? What creature is resistant to venom? We'll find the answers to all of these questions and more as we learn about the world's most extreme animals. Students will build their science and language skills as they debate and conduct experiments regarding these crazy creatures. Learn more about our Extreme Animals Camp here.
- Journey Through the Rainforest - Did you know that six percent of Earth's surface is covered by rainforest? Slither with us through this diverse ecosystem as we explore the animals, creatures, and unique environment of the rainforest! Conduct experiments and create crafts focused on life in and below the canopy. Learn more about our Journey Through the Rainforest Camp here.
- Enchanted Engineers - Once upon a time, our favorite storybook characters found themselves in sticky situations, but luckily, our campers can help! Through STEAM and engineering principles, we will build a house to save the three little pigs, create a compass for Hansel and Gretel, and much more! In this hands-on class, children will discover how they can save the world and create their very own enchanted ending. Learn more about our Enchanted Engineers Camp here.
- Art Safari - Join us on a safari around the world! Visit a new country each week and learn about animals native to that location with a sprinkle of literature, dabble of games, and a whole lot of art. Grab your passport and discover the thrill of the hunt without leaving school! Learn more about our Art Safari Camp here.
- Nature Makers - Ignite your passion for nature and wildlife as you learn about this magnificent planet that we call home! Build, discover, and explore with science experiments and hands-on creative activities using materials from the world around us all in the name of nature. Learn more about our Nature Makers Camp here.
- Science Palooza - Come discover, experiment, and create as we learn about the colliding worlds of art and science in this STEAM-based camp. We will create biomes from around the world, star gaze at constellations, master meteorology, investigate how things work and dabble in chemistry and physics. Put on your learning cap and grab the art supplies because this STEAM camp will rock your world. Open to students in grades 2-5. Learn more about our Science Palooza Camp here.
- Whiz Kids - Join us on a science discovery mission! We will explore the world of chemistry, engineering, and earth science through experiments and encounters. This program will enhance STEM education philosophies with a big punch of fun. Come take part in this exciting journey into the world of science! Learn more about our Whiz Kids Camp here.
- Mini Meds - Is there a doctor in camp? Join us this summer as we bring Mini Med School to camp! Our little doctors will use stuffed animal patients to take blood pressure readings, give stitches, put on a cast, and make their own first aid kit, all while learning lots about what doctors, dentists, EMTs, and other medical professionals do on a daily basis. Join us in this fun filled camp open to students in grades K-1. Learn more about our Mini Meds Camp here.
- Builders Club - Calling all inventors, creators, builders, and designers in grades 2-5! Come build awesome creations with us. We will create our own designs and make structures using recyclable materials, building blocks, and many other interesting items. Skills necessary? None! Skills gained? Communication, problem solving, reasoning, developing creativity, and teamwork, just to name a few. Learn more about our Builders Club here.
- Scientist in Training - Take a dash of engineering and a sprinkle of earth science, toss it together with some fun and games, and you have a STEAM-based camp! Our future scientists in grades K-1 will explore the different worlds of science through take home creations. Join us for this exciting journey into the world of science. Learn more about our Scientist in Training Camp here.
- Stories in Motion -Are you a bookworm? Do you love to act? Need to get your wiggles out? This camp is perfect for you! Learn, move, and have fun with your favorite storybook characters. We will combine movement, drama, literacy, and yoga into one exciting camp where children act out stories and scenes from a variety of well-loved children's books. Learn more about our Stories in Motion Camp here.
- Animation Camp - Are you looking for a summer camp that is artistic and fun and lets you stretch your creative imagination? Then you will love Animation camp. Drawing, paper cut-outs, clay, and other media may be used to create fun animations to tell stories, express ideas, or just to be creative! Located in the Camp Nova WUTV studio, Animation Camp is a 2 week, all-day camp in which you can make your own animated movies. Materials and equipment will be supplied along with instruction on how to make animation in traditional and experimental ways. You may also bring your own smart phone or iPad if you want to take your animation home each day. Learn more about our Animation Camp here.
Take advantage of our Summer Scholars program where both public and private school students in elementary, middle, and high school have an opportunity to enrich their summer with learning experiences in Reading, Mathematics, Foreign Language, Writing, and Language Arts within a challenging and supportive environment. Summer Scholars offers students the ability to advance academically and enter the next grade with confidence through various refresher courses. Our faculty understands that every child learns differently so they continually develop instructional approaches to reach every learner. Learn more about our Summer Scholars Program here.
Sports CampsAll Sports Camps are open to students in grades 2-8. Click here to learn more about each of our sports camps.
- Baseball - This camp teaches campers the basics of hitting, fielding, throwing, running, and sliding. The camp will not only teach the fundamentals of baseball, but also give children the confidence they need to play sports and have fun! This camp is co-ed and designed for beginners as well as experienced players. Participants are divided into appropriate age/ability level groups. Baseball camp is run by NSU Men's Baseball coaches and staff.
- Basketball - Through quality coaching and an age-specific curriculum, campers develop skills fundamental to the game of basketball in a fun and stimulating environment. The clinic is co-ed and participants are divided into appropriate groups relating to age and/or ability level. A progressive curriculum provides up to four weeks of basketball-specific activities aimed at developing basic skills such as dribbling, shooting, screening, rebounding, and passing, all coached in a fun and challenging environment. Basketball camp is run by NSU Men's Basketball coaches and staff.
- Soccer - Soccer Camp at Camp Nova is a co-ed program that provides instruction in both basic and advanced soccer skills and strategies. All campers should bring water bottles, cleats, and appropriate athletic wear every day of camp. Individual attention is offered to all athletes and each day is filled with drills, daily competitions, and contests. Whether your children are starting from the beginning or looking to improve their game, this is the camp program for them. Soccer camp is run by NSU University School's Varsity Soccer coaches and staff.
- Volleyball - The Camp Nova Volleyball Clinic is a co-ed program that provides instruction in both basic and advanced volleyball skills and strategies. All campers should bring water bottles, gym shoes, appropriate gym wear, knee pads, and towels every day of camp. Each day is filled with drills, daily competitions, and contests. Campers also swim once a week in a state-of-the-art aquatics center.
- Golf - From the proper grip to the perfect swing, this specialty camp focuses on honing all aspects of the game of golf. This camp is beneficial for children who are beginners and those who have been playing for years! Golf camp is run by NSU University School's Varsity Golf coaches and staff.
- Flag Football - This half-day co-ed camp focuses on flag football skills like passing, receiving, running drills and strategy but will also teach teamwork, character building and life skills through sports. This camp is geared towards players of all abilities as each athlete will learn, grow, and develop their skills. Flag Football camp is run by NSU University School's Varsity Football coaches and staff.