Safety and Security Measures
NSU University School is committed to providing the safest environment possible for our students, faculty, and staff.
In addition to the safety and security measures listed below, full time counseling teams are available to all of our students and emergency drills are held throughout the year. As always, we continuously remind everyone that if you see something, you should say something.
- 24-hour campus monitoring by NSU Public Safety
- Six full-time public safety officers stationed in and monitoring each NSU University School building
- Two full-time, armed Davie police officers stationed in front center circle
- Intruder keys for each employee, which provide the ability to lock a door from the inside when in a classroom
- Blue light phones around campus which call the campus security team and turn on nearby cameras when a phone call is made
- Duress buttons for reception desks and other key areas which lock down the building and alert authorities
- Phones in all classrooms that can dial 911 and other classrooms within the school
- Enhanced indoor and outdoor speaker system
- Full-time licensed school psychologist on site
- Random K-9 checks for gun powder, bombs, drugs, and other illegal substances
- Phillips HeartStart FRx defibrillator and Stop the Bleed kits in every building